Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dear Couscous,

I just wanted to let you know how much I am loving you right now. In addition to being super tasty, you have been a break from the norm for my family...and my son will eat you! That is huge because he doesn't like pasta, rice or mac & cheese (crazy, I know!)

You have many sides, lovely Couscous. This is one of our favorites (found at my local grocery store, Publix). It is made in several flavors and all that we've tried have been delicious!
Here is what it looks like cooked and ready to be devoured! I'm obviously not a food photographer. ;)
We haven't tried the variation below...but I am really looking forward to it. I've had this size Couscous at restaurants and it's sooo good! After some searching I found this at Fresh Market. I'll report back and let you know how it is. :)
If you haven't had Couscous before...consider trying it. The closest thing I can compare it too is rice but the texture is much different.

Have a great evening!!

2 comments:

  1. Love couscous, especially Israeli-size. It's yum if you cook it in chicken broth (or veggie if Riley's still vegetarian). Gives it a little extra 'oomph'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lurves couscous but my new favorite is risotto.

    ReplyDelete